Buns With Curd Filling Recipe
BUNS WITH CURD FILLING – BANDELĖS SU VARŠKĖS ĮDARU
These Buns evoke nostalgia and fragrant memories. 👵🏻🥮 Do you still remember them?
It takes time to bake them, but the results are gratifying! 16 buns will be gone in to time!😋
DOUGH WILL NEED: 🧾
– 450 g + a few tablespoons of flour
– 1 sachet (11 g or 7 g) of dry yeast
– 250 ml of milk
– 1 egg whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
– 80 g room temp. butter
– 60 g of sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
– A pinch of salt
FILLING WILL NEED:
– 400 g of curd
– 1-2 eat. š. flour
– 2-3 valg. š. sugar
– 1 / 4 hrs. raisins – soaked in hot water for about 10 minutes.
TOPPING WILL NEED:
– 40 g flour
– 30 g cold butter
– 35 g sugar
- Heat the milk until it’s warm and keep on a very low heat. Add yeast to the bowl with 1 tsp of the sugar, 1 tsp of the flour and 1/2 tbsp of the warm milk. Stir, cover with a towel and leave to stand for about 10-15 minutes. The yeast should start to bubble.
- Next pour milk and yeast mixture into a large container. Now add the egg, remaining milk, sugar, vanilla sugar and salt and mix together.
- Now add the 450 g of sifted flour and stir everything. Place the butter into the dough.
- Mix the dough by hand. When it sticks, start kneading (add a little flour if necessary). Sprinkle flour on the tabletop. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for about 6 minutes.
- Shape the ball into a circle. Grease the bowl with oil and leave the dough in it and cover. Store for about 1 hour. The dough should double in size.
- Now you make the filling by mixing all of the ingredients together and setting this aside. The topping is made by mixing the flour and sugar together, then crumbing the butter with your finger until it comes to a breadcrumb texture.
- -Punch done the raised dough and divide it into 16 pieces. From them form balls.
- Roll out the balls so they are flat circles. In the centre add about 1 1/2 tbsp cottage cheese and raisins filling.
- Compress the edges of the pieces over the filling to form a ball. Holding the bottom briefly soak in the egg batter. Then roll over the crumb topping.
- Place the bunbs on 2 prepared baking trays and cover with a towel and leave them for about 20 minutes until the buns rise slightly.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and Bake for 15-17 minutes.
For the recipe we are grateful to Skanauk su Aušra
Keep up to date!
Please keep coming back to our blog throughout the year to make sure that you always up to date with our news, offers, competitions and recipes!
You can check out our recent article here: